Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell, Roshi | II. Generation > Successor to Genno Pagès Roshi
The Zen teacher and poet Roshi Amy “Tu es cela” Hollowell was born and raised in Minneapolis, but came to France in 1981 to study literature and history and has lived in Paris ever since, raising her children and making a living as a journalist.
From 1995 to 2001, she lived in the nonmonastic Zen community Dana Sangha, which she helped her teacher, Roshi Catherine Genno Pagès, create in Montreuil, a suburb of Paris. In 2004, Amy was recognized by Roshi Genno as her successor, officially receiving « dharma transmission, » and she then founded Wild Flower Zen in Paris.
She has long been a staff editor at the International Herald Tribune. Named one of the leading English-language poets in France by The Café Review and Ekleksographia, she is the author of several collections of poetry and her work has appeared in numerous publications in Europe and the United States. She is a former student of the writing program at the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics at Naropa University, founded by Chogyam Trungpa in Boulder, Colorado.
Married and the mother of two children, she lives in Montreuil.
Zen meditation is an act of freedom.
Whoever and wherever you are, it constitutes
a radical plunge into the heart and art of life.
Welcome to the Wild Flower Zen Sangha, a borderless community of Zen practitioners. The world is our meditation hall, the earth is the altar. We have no monks, no priests, no robes, no walls. Everyone is invited to join us here and now, in our weekly meditation practices and our workshops and retreats throughout the year.
Based in Paris, where it was founded by the Zen teacher Roshi Amy “Tu es cela” Hollowell, and with affiliate groups in Portugal, Wild Flower Zen Sangha is rooted in the ancient teachings of the Buddha and is therefore dedicated to actively engaging in the whole of life, flourishing moment to moment, with wisdom and compassion.
In the Wild Flower Zen Sangha, that practice is radical : The universe is our zendo, the earth is the altar, all beings are buddhas and hungry ghosts and they all belong to our sangha, the dharma is everywhere we turn, our practice is to include whatever arises wherever we are.
Wild Flower Zen Sangha is registered in France as an „association loi 1901”.
Zenscribe is the Web notebook of Amy Hollowell Sensei, founder of the Wild Flower Zen Sangha and dharma successor of Catherine Genno Pagès Roshi in the Soto Zen lineage of Taizan Maezumi Roshi, founder of the Los Angeles Zen Center.
Please access the zenscribe website via the link in a new browser window:
…more to come…
- Portugal > Coimbra > Residential Retreat with Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell Roshi on 24. April 2019
- France > Noisy-sur-École > Residential Meditation Retreat with Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell Roshi on 30. May 2019
- Portugal > Lisbon > Writing and Meditation Retreat with Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell Roshi on 8. June 2019
- Wherever you are > Heart of Life Retreat with Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell Roshi on 24. June 2019
- France > Paris > Centre Wild Flower > Day of Practice with Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell Roshi on 29. June 2019
- Portugal > Sermonde > Summer Retreat with Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell Roshi on 4. August 2019
- Germany > Großensee > Writing and Meditation Retreat with Amy Tu Es Cela Roshi on 7. September 2019 09:00
- France > Limoges > Residential Writing and Meditation Retreat with Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell Roshi on 3. November 2019
Two events in november are tentative. Check back about dates:
Early November*: Residential meditation retreat @ Coimbra (Portugal)
November*: Heart of Life Retreat @ wherever you are, followed by a Day of Meditation Practice @ Centre Wild Flower (Paris)
Info et inscription > email@example.com
Upcoming Events > https://wildflowerzen.org/wfz-evenements/
About Retreats > https://wildflowerzen.org/wfz-retraites/